Macau


Advertisement
Macau's flag
Asia » Macau » Macau
June 19th 2009
Published: June 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The taxi drops me off on a street corner, I quickly recognize the store names (7-11 and McDonalds) that are marked on my map. I throw my pack on my back and set off to round the corner. I find the lobby with glass doors and waltz in before anyone asks me any questions. I find the apartment number (20th floor) and ring the bell, anxiously awaiting what I will find. Suraj opens the door with a big smile and before I can even say my name he ushers me inside and takes my bag. And then announces he’s going to Australia for the weekend and will be back Sunday. I was a little baffled and immediately volunteered to find a hostel, but he wouldn’t have it. Within the hour he was packed, gave me the tour and was gone.

So, I sit here. I have about 400 dvds in front of me—sooo excited since I haven’t seen a new release in 8 months. I can see the MGM among other casinos from here and as the sun goes down they’re all lighting up. The plan is to take the bus around the islands tomorrow and see all the sights. Suraj gave me his key so I can come and go as I please…I have a bus map…and he showed me where I can get some fruit in the morning. I’m pretty much all set…


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb