High Rollers Indeed!!


Advertisement
Macau's flag
Asia » Macau » Macau
April 8th 2008
Published: April 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Breakfast was not what we had grown accustomed to and the staff in McDonalds are definitely not as friendly as Barnee in the morning! Today was culture day and we went for a nice long walk with Mark as designated tour guide. We saw some of the old portuguese churches and forts and went for a walk around the south of the island. We also stopped at the bus station to grab a ticket into China. After such a long walk we went into the centre for lunch and then wandered around the centre for a bit. Returning to the hotel we played some cards and then headed out to another casino, the Sands this time. Settling in at the bar we watched some very good dancing troups as well as MC Barry, a scouse who sang to the masses in what i assume was impeccable Mandarin! We then headed out to get some dinner and some more drinks. On our return to the Sands the shifts had changed and a tiny little chinese woman stopped me and asked for my passport. Having carried it with me for most of the day and then deciding to leave it in the hotel
Macau TowerMacau TowerMacau Tower

The quiet before the terror!
for safety i was a little annoyed. After a little argument that ended up with a manager coming over to talk to us we established i was not to be allowed into the Casino. The manager then kindly suggested we try another entrance. Two minutes later we were inside and ordering our next drink!!

The decision was made to pool half our money and bet on the roulette table. Winning would give us a great night but losing wouldn't ruin us! Reaching the table we changed our crisp 500 dollar note for a stack of table chips and after a moments deliberation we placed it carefully onto black. Feeling the tension we all held hands and crossed our fingers. No more bets please!!!! I am certain the ball ran on an extended cycle because time passed very slowly. Round and round it went before hopping neatly into 21 black!!!! The shout of joy that went up could be heard from anywhere in the casino. We then took all our winnings in the form of a little chip with $1000 printed on it to the cashier and swapped it for something that looked more like currency!

Securing three chairs in front of the main stage we settled in for some serious celebration drinks! They make the best Mojito i have ever tasted! Champagne flowed as did the rest of the drinks and the evening continued with all three of us feeling like High Rollers!! This would be the point in the night were Mark's memory stopped recording. After nearly losing each other arriving in Macau and vowing to not let it happen Mark was very surprised to finish his sentence and then look around and realise he was sitting alone. Luckily I returned from the toilet just at that moment and together we waited for Dale to come back. Having stopped drinking a couple before the other two I was in a slightly better state and so we waited for a while, and then met up with some ladies to play a game I still haven't figured out, Baccarat. From here we searched the casino for Dale but he was not to be found. Heading outside we hoped into a taxi, much to Mark's protest, (he wished to do something else and only came to his limited senses after a little nap!!). Arriving back at the hotel we discovered that Dale had the key to the room. Mark and I 'let ourselves in' and waited for Dale. Dale eventually arrived back safe and sound and also 'let himself into the room', even though he had the key!

If there is one lesson to bring away from going to a casino it would be that, sometimes when you think you win you still lose. We proved that!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0933s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb