Vientiane and Vang Vieng


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos
March 21st 2010
Published: March 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Howdie

Vientiane was very quiet like ghost town stayed there a few nights to sort Thailand visas had an arguement with some know it all New Yorker in the que at 7am - NICE!! But he was a twat and I couldn't keep my mouth shut any longer (unlike me I know ha). Nice restaurants in Vientiane so had some good food. We went to a public swimming pool one day with loads of kids weeing in the water.

From there headed to Vang Vieng woohoo tubing.. Stayed in lovely huts with beautiful views of the mountains.... We went Tubing swang from zip wires was so much fun. Here we met the lovely Joe Dr Joseph Coleman as I like to him a 21 year old medical student who is useless in an emergancy (Joe if your reading this you know it's true). Had an amazing time here until my friends got set up by the police with a bloody roll up... Had to pay $1200 to the dodgy police. They was so nasty to them telling them if you don't confess you will go to prison - NIGHTMARE!! We was going to leave Laos then but so pleased we didn't because Luangprabang was so lovely.


In Luangprabang we went on a crap tour to see some rubbish cave but then the next day we went to the waterfalls and oh my god how lovely - The water was FREEZING but lovely. Climbed right to the top was great. Luangprabang is very pretty with lovely restaurants we had a very chilled time here, needed after the dramas of Vang Vieng.

We then took the night bus into Thailand which broke down so it took 19 hours... Got straight on a public bus to Chiang Rai to catch another night bus to Bangkok to meet my Mum and Dad - WHICH IS GREAT!! Well great to be with them not the 30 odd hour journey.

Again I've missed loads of little bits out as quickly writing this.

I'll tell you all about holiday with Ma and Pa in couple of weeks.

Take Care All

Love Me xxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 88, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb