Luang Prabang - Vientiane


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vientiane
February 21st 2017
Published: February 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Today we are flying to Vientiane so everyone on our tour loaded all of our bags onto a bus, but first we all got on some more tuk tuks for a tour of the royal palace. The palace was really beautiful. Unfortunately you are not allowed to take any pictures so all I have are pictures of the outside as well as the Temple on the grounds.

We then took the tuk tuks to the edge of town where we met the bus to take us to the airport. Luang Prabang airport only has two gates, but when we arrived there were a lot of people waiting to check in for several flights. It took quite a while for everyone to check in and then we all had to go through security and by the time we reached the gate it was time to board. The flight was full and luckily our tour guide had request emergency exit row for me so I was comfortable although the flight was extremely hot. Thankfully the flight in the air only lasted about 25 minutes and we landed in Vientiane.

They are building a nice new airport in Vientiane, but unfortunately it is not ready and the luggage area was extremely hot and crowded. It was a very small room with over 100 people trying to get their bags. It took a while but we all got our bags and loaded on to another bus and headed to the hotel.

We had some down time for a couple of hours before we had to meet in the lobby for our host dinner. Tonight for dinner our group was hosted by a local Loas family in their home. Our tour was divided into three groups and the family came to pick us up and we were off to their home. It was fun to be hosted by a local family as we met everyone from their parents to their kids. They had us help cook the meal and then we all sat down to a wonderful dinner.

After retuning to the hotel we decided to go to bed early.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Three ElephantsThree Elephants
Three Elephants

Represents the three kingdoms of Laos


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb