having a blast


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vientiane
January 24th 2009
Published: January 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Left luang prabang about three days ago and headed for vang vieng; the mini bus was suppose to take 6hrs instead it took 8. our driver had to make a few pit stops in order to tighten the wheels and tie a couple of bicycle inter-tubes around the leaf springs... pretty sure they snapped off after the first bump. the next morning, and the next six that will follow, we will be floating down the river stopping at the five different bars that align the river banks, swinging from rope swings and sliding down water slides. so far i havent hurt myself too bad, apart from a few sore muscles and a fat bloody lip from going down the slide head first. the num sont river is pretty cold at first but as you stand in the sun all day it is actually pretty relaxing. the num sont is smaller in width than the colorado river, and not as deep, with hardly any current, surprisingly the water looks pretty clean.
unfortunately for you guys i don't have a whole lot to say because we are (and will be) doing the same thing everyday until the first, hopefully we can be somewhere to watch the game, cant belive the card's actually made it.
i know im prob being pretty vague so if you have any questions e mail me and ill try to check them in a couple of days.
Love Murph
oh yeah just to put things in perspective, yesterday the whole city of vang vieng was out of power because they were working on one electrical pole. also they have this amazing assembly line for working on structures. all the scaffolding is made out of bamboo, and there is prob about 20 layers with 7 to 10 people on each layer. there are a few people sturing the cement and the rest are passing buckets up to the next person for a about 10 hrs a day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0731s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb