Boat racing bonanza!


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vientiane
October 15th 2008
Published: October 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

A mostly free morning to explore the town and one of the few really famous and highly recommended bakeries around.. a savoury croissant and a chocolate muffin sorted us out for the day as we went about our business! We had a little walking tour first with a Lao guide who took us to the parliament houses, a really pretty temple and the big monument in Laos where i sent Matt to the top to take photos!!

We met around 5 to walk and see the sunset over the river but our spectacular views were some-what tarnished by the fine sheet of rain that began to come down- a slightly watered down sunset but we took a few snaps anyway!
After we thought the rain had stopped we started to walk to the restuarant for dinner-but as soon as we were out of cover we were subjected to rain once again!! Soaked through we made it to the restuarant and had a nice meal-eventually...(bit of a long wait for some)

Following dinner we headed off for bowling challenge number 1.. very enjoyable both the ride there crammed with 7 or 8 people in the back of a Jumbo (tuk tuk but slightly larger). I managed to hold my game with the big guns and beat matt twice much to my amazement!! it got very competitive towards the end so it's probably a good thing we only played 2 games!




Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0753s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb