Every Day Is Like Sunday


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vientiane
March 10th 2008
Published: April 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Vientiane via an overnight bus from Bangkok. It took us little time to adjust to the Laos pace of things. On the first day we hired bikes and toured a few sights before settling down by the Mekong River for sunset and the first few BeerLao of the trip. It's as good as I'd heard it would be and so cheap it is hardly worth buying soft drinks.


The following day we dropped in at the Vietnamese Consulate for a visa, a far cry from our experience in Penang the process took only ten minutes, with the chap giving us an extra week for free because we weren't quite sure when we'd be getting there.


Later in the day Andrea and John arrived from Cambodia and we did a few more sights on bikes before heading to a different spot on the river and following the same routine as the day before. No need to change a winning formula.


As capital cities go I've never seen one like Vientiane. It's relaxed and quiet and with none of the usual tourist tout hassles that we've become accustomed to. There isn't really a lot to do either though, so after two nights it was time to move on.




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Abandoned FairgroundAbandoned Fairground
Abandoned Fairground

Haven't quite captured how creepy this place looked


Tot: 0.215s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0786s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb