Tubing in the Vang Vieng


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
March 28th 2012
Published: April 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

28.3.2012

We went straight to sleep after finding a hotel to stay in. We woke up in search for some food. We wandered around town, very small and dusty. Not much to see, buildings and roads not in great condition - but we wern't there to do that we were there to go tubing. We sorted it out where we got our tubes from and sussed out where to go etc. We got our swim gear on and bought a waterproof pouch for our camera and some money. We hired the tube and got a tuk tuk to the start.

We had no idea what to expect, but once we got there it was nothing like we have seen before - it was brilliant. There was bars either side of the river banging out tunes with everyone dancing on podiums in the water and in the bars. The idea is that you have a drink in a bar get on your tube and make your way down the river stopping in bars as you go. We walked to the first bar give out tube to a guy to look after and given a whiskey shot! We had a bucket of vodka and lemonade aswell. After we finished that we got on our tubes and floated down the river until someone threw us a rope and pulled us into another bar. At every bar you get a shot or 3 depending on how many you want.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.349s; Tpl: 0.041s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.2148s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb