In the Tubing


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
November 26th 2011
Published: November 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

In the Tubing!In the Tubing!In the Tubing!

Vang Vieng, Laos
There is a bar hopping scene specific to Vang Vieng that is referred to as "In The Tubing". It is quite popular amongst the south east Asia backpacking crowd. After enjoying several very leisurely days just lounging around, we chose to take up the challenge that is bar hopping via inner tube!

The day was perfect with the bluest of skies so the river provided an excellent respite from the mid-day heat. The bar's themselves, well lets just say, are very, very, lively. The bars tended to play a remix version of popular hip-hop infused with trance beats and the crowds loved it!

We enjoyed the bars, but also took full advantage of the warm weather and mild river current to prolong our drift downriver until well past dark. We only got out of the river to find a wild tuk-tuk ride home after we both realized we could no longer see any rocks, trees, or snags in the current. And, of course, all the wild and crazy animals that live in and around the water.

Caveat - Sarah kept winning the Race of tube's!


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

mini-DSC00281mini-DSC00281
mini-DSC00281

Laos child being staged by his parents for photo's
Sarah to the rescue!Sarah to the rescue!
Sarah to the rescue!

Sarah attempting to save this young one from a life of tobacco.


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb