Vang Vieng


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
October 27th 2009
Published: October 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

It is common to say that you really like it or hate it.

After 3 days in Vang Vieng i can sum and say that it is a really nice and relaxing place if you are coming in the right mood. If not - you have nothing to do here. The most famous Vang Vieng time spending is tubing. It can last 2-3 hours (if you are just tubing) or to become a whole day journey (if you stop at every bar on the river bank to drink some cold beer and jump every swing / from every tower into the river). I met some tourists that already spent a week tubing every day for the whole day....

On my first day here i went to a one-day trekking tour into the mountains. Must admit that climbing up in the jungle forest is quite an experience - not the easiest one but really rewarding. The trek i took named "Secret Eden" because you climb into a beautiful valley hidden inside the mountains. To get into the valley we had to climb 1500 meters height mountain through the jungle and after lunch another 500 meters of sharp rocks to get out from another side of the valley. The terrain makes all the difference - you can see it on the pictures.

On the second day i went tubing. Yep it is fun indeed :-) 3-4 stops for a drink and freaky jumps from 4-6 meter high tower/swing into the river and you hardly make it back till the 6 o'clock at the evening. I didn't take my camera tubing with me so there a no pictures but you can get the general idea from this photo some one else picture .


Today i am enjoying kind of a "rest day" - sitting in cafes over the river for very long breakfast, reading my book, watching movies in local restaurants (they actualy have DVD library at the restaurant and you can choose the movie you (and everybody else) will watch). All at all - a very enjoyable time spending.

Tomorrow morning i am moving to Luang Prabang.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb