Off to Vang Vieng (and more importantly tubing)


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
January 23rd 2009
Published: January 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Got a minibus today to Vang Vieng for our tubing experience. Wasn't a great journey, in the back with my knees in my chin through windy mountainous roads. The fantastic scenery made up for it though. Chatted with a cool bloke sat next to me though - John from Derby.

Got to Vang Vieng 6 hours later. Got a tuk-tuk into town with the rest of the minibus crew and when we stopped, somehow in the confusion, Adam's little bag got left on the tuk-tuk's roof! Luckily after some chasing around he managed to find his bag back at the bus station. But the tuk-tuk drivers made him buy them each a beer before he could have it!

Meanwhile I stayed in town mindingthe bags while our new mate John ran around the place trying to find a place to sleep. He came up trumps but I've no idea how he found it - it was through a restaurant, through the kitchen and past the back garden!

After we got settled we went for a beer in one of the many 'Aussie/Westerner' bars playing Friends on repeat 24/7. Met loads more people that night including the cool Andrea and Kristin and some Aussie called Mike who had been tubing that day. He looked a little worse for wear but it was fun learning about it all from him.

Again we saw the two Norges from the trek in Thailand. Its strange how many people we keep meeting because we are all doing the same journey! Tried the first whisky bucket tonight. Not great but 2quid for half a litre of whisky and a bit of coke you can't go wrong! Again we had more free whisky shots. You have to pay for everything in Laos except the god awful Lao-Lao whisky. They can't get rid of the stuff!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0255s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb