Laos - Vang Vieng


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
July 27th 2008
Published: July 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived here by mini bus, the road wasnt too bad, it had been closed for 2 days with the amount of rain we had, there had been several land slides, but no one was hurt.

Vang Vieng had great scenery of green mountains and the Nam Song River where you can go tubing! but for the town its very backpacker heaven and not very nice to look at and stay for long.

Sue didnt want to go tubing, so we all went and got our lorry inner tube (lisa was a good girl and wore a life jacket) and off we went, with the amount of rain we had, the tubing had been closed for 5 days, so the 1st bar we went too had most of it missing, it had been washed away. It was very muddy but great fun. we were all given a number (written on our hands) we were sitting there drinking our Beer Laos as a group of young lads (drunk and stoned) start shouting "18", we all sat there wondering what they were saying then cottoned on it was Daves number, they wanted him to do the rope swing, and off Dave went, and he hit that water like a lead balloon and everyone was cheering and shouting for him, really funny. As you will see by the picture Dave certainly hit the water with some force!

Stu and Dan both did the jump. We travelled down to the next bar, ony 4 were open, but its a good job, you could get really drunk and fall asleep on the tubes and end up on the south china sea! I(Lisa) thought it would be a good idea to ditch the beer and go for Vodka, Jesus it was strong! We had met a really nice couple of norfolk so they came and sat with us and we all had a good laugh, the funnist moment was Dave (no change there on this holiday) and Tony they thought it would be a good idea to stand up, grab the hut roof and start dancing to Fat Boy Slim, they were really giving it some nuts (theres a video !!) Dan had met some blokes and went drinking with them, so we lost Dan at the last bar.

When your on the river the bars throw out a line with a ring or a bamboo poll and pull you in, Stu missed his one and carried on down the river, a very small lifeguard jumped in from the highest jump to grab Stu, Dan grabbed the bamboo poll and sliced his hand, all in all it was a good day! I have bruises but nothing major!

Dan went drinking with his new pals and came back with a whiskey bucket on his head! oh dear!

We left here for Vientianne, City of Laos and to be honest there was nothing there to be impressed with, 1 full day was long enough there.

We are now back in Bangkok. We arrived by overnight train, packed Sue and Daves cases full of our things to bring home and said our sad goodbyes, we all had a great 3weeks, shame it wasnt longer.

THANK YOU MUM AND DAD (SUE AND DAVE) XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Grooving with random strangerGrooving with random stranger
Grooving with random stranger

PS theres a video to follow on You Tube!


Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 62; dbt: 0.073s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb