We arrived in Laos


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
July 20th 2008
Published: July 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We made our way to Chang Khong, which is the town across from Laos(border town), we just had to make our way across the Mighty Mekong.

The heavens opened all day and all night, we got up pretty early to make the crossing and exit Thailand, stamp in the passport, there getting pretty full now, we had a man from our booked tour waiting for us, we got onto a small boat, everyone apart from Lisa had walking shoes on, Lisa had her flip flops and with all the rain, we had to walk down the bank to the Mekong and Lisa was slipping and sliding all over the place, so had to do the walk in bare feet.

We crossed over and filled our forms in and got another stamp to enter Laos - we're in!

We are on an organised tour boat for 2 days with one stop over half way in Pak Beng, the wooden lodges were lovely, really couldnt faulty any of the places we had stayed in so far, we even had red wine here and it was nice!

Next day back onthe boat towards Luang Prebang, stopping at a village and a cave with 1000 buddhas.

We all really enjoyed and liked the atmosphere in Prebang, very laid back, trendy and pretty. There were plenty of places to eat, drink and shop, we did a walking tour from the good old Lonely Plant and afterwards we walked up 300 steps to That Chomsi temple, the views from up there were amazing.

We again dragged the boys around a night market and had a lovely steak meal and somd red wine - lovely!

We had 1/2 day trip to a waterfall, I dont think none of us were ready for such a breathtaking waterfall, for a few days we had such monsoon rain that it made the waterfall so strong and impressive, we walked up near the top and got soaking wet, then headed down for a swim. Dan and Sue both got a leech attached to their toes, they are such horrible creepy things.

We stayed here for a couple of days, then headed to Vang Vieng.


Additional photos below
Photos: 56, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0642s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb