Laos - Day 7


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
March 6th 2006
Published: April 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Breakfast at Café Indochine, cheap and good. Lao coffee is so good! Looked for a nice hotel or guesthouse for our last night in LP. Best ones were booked so we decided to stay where we were at the Mekong. Booked an all day tour for the next day. Walked through the Hmong day market on Xiong Thong and then onto Wat That. On to Wat Aham and Wat Visoun (the “Watermelon Stupa”). Had lunch at Lao Lao Garden. Toured the Royal Palace Museum. Maxed out camera’s compact flash disc, so had to download pics onto CD. Nervous we might lose all of our pictures, but we didn’t. Bought a Lao men’s sarong for Todd, which is all he wears at home now! Looked for Navaingkham Market, but never found it. It started to rain, so we ducked into a little restaurant for a beer and to wait out the rain. The sun was shining for most of the time while it rained. Hit a few shops and boutiques, Felicia bought a silk scarf at Ban Lao, a collective which works directly with the women who make the products. Showered and out to dinner at Lasi Café, excellent food. Debated about going to the Plain of Jars, was it worth the trouble and expense? We ended up not going. Had a bottle of wine at Lemongrass, down the street from the guesthouse, and wrote postcards.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



25th April 2006

Great pics
Really enjoying traveling through Laos with you guys. Pics are wonderful.
25th April 2006

Laos day 7
It is nice to see where you are and how much better things look then when I was there in 66-67. pretty pics.
25th April 2006

Todd in a sarong!!!!
My gosh! Now, I am afraid that instead of 6 or 12 months...this trip is going to be for years! Mama Wong is not going to be so happy. Please take a picture of Todd in his sarong. Drink a cup of coffee on my behalf!!! Big kiss to you both.
29th April 2006

todd's sarong
sexy. sexy. i need to get a silk scarf to wear in my new convertible!!

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb