Luang Prabang


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
October 6th 2007
Published: October 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Luang Prabang after another day on the slow boat along the Mekong river. This time we weren't quite as lucky with the seats and got stuck next the engine and the toilet. I was also sitting behind to local OAPs who'd stuffed the cutest little puppy into a small card board box. It was trying to get out the whole journey,and I think it must of pissed itself a few times.

Luang Prabang was a farely quiet, but a beautiful colnial town, with a night market and waterfalls just out side the town. The first night we arrived we watched the Villa West Ham game over food and beer Laos. Then went to the local Hive Bar cool little place with a few backpackers. We met up with 2 lads we'd met in Chaing Mai who'd been here for 6 days, they informed us of bowing alley just outside town that everyone goes to after close up at midnight. So we ended up bowling, was the last thing I expected to be doing in Laos.

Hired some pushbikes to explore the town, got absolutely drenched by the monsoon rain. Cam across Laos's national stadium, you wouldn't want England to play here thats all I say. We decided to visit the waterfall n the afternoon, so me and Neal and out new buddies from Brighton Dan and Mark aka Rodeny Trotter and Pete Doherty took a tuk tuk/boat ride to it. It was amazing, with 3 water pools where we could swim. This was great until again the heavens opened. The tuk tuk ride home was a bit nippy!!!

We was running out of Kip ( which is so confusing after just getting used to Baht, 10,000 kip = approx 1 pound, feels like your a millionaire carrying round wads of notes but really you only have a fiver) so had a bit of a budget day on Sunday, wandered round the market (same stuff on every stall) and then came across an underground games boutique where I smahed Neal and Dan at Pro Evo. Watched some more football in the evening, delighted to see Liverpool snatch a last minute draw with Spurs (Neal was not happy).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.018s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.7kb