Bowling


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
September 18th 2007
Published: September 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post


The next stop (well kind of the last stop) in Laos was Luang Prabang. I really liked this town, it has an old town section full of pretty buildings and temples and a great night market. The first full day here I was feeling a bit under the weather so was very uncultural and went to bed for the afternoon while the others visited temples! I made up for it the next day by getting up early and going to the National Museum and then to some beautiful waterfalls. They were pretty crazy as the wet season had caused the water levels to rise and all the paths were flooded, it was hard to stay standing. We had a couple of casualties, one guy went down and in saving his camera managed to slash open his ear on a branch and another guy who saved himself but unfortunatly not his camera!

The evenings here were spent wandering round the night market. I ventured to the 'nightlife' with the boys but it was pretty dead. However there was of course bowling! Did I tell you about bowling in Laos? Well basically there is an 11.30 curfew on all businesse including bars. There are of course a few who ignore the rules (we were in one til 5am in Vientiane for example!) but the only places to go after this time and drink are the bowling alleys! It is so much fun! We had done it once in Vientiane and went again here in Luang Prabang. I sucked but I had so much fun! We also found a tiny kitten, about 5 weeks old wandering around the bowling alley so we kept her safe with us until we found her owners, kittens + bowling balls = squashed kitten!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0162s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb