Luang Prabang day 2


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
May 17th 2007
Published: May 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Up at a reasonable hour. Prepared a day pack as I was to join Venetia and Chressie to Tat Kuang Si - beautiful multitiered waterfall just ouside of town.

Went for lunch down the main street where it now started to rain. While having lunch we bumpedinto the Norwegians who joined us.

Afterlunch Venetia managed to get us a good price on one of the Tuk Tuks to the waterfalls. So all 5 of us went along the nice and scenic drive to Tat Kuang Si. Felt a little guilty for having gotten such a good price for the Tuk Tuk as it turned out to be quite a long journey. What I like a bout Lao in comparison to Thailand is its still relatively unspoiled. There are no large street adverts and the villages are still made up of traditional wooden framed, raten paneled, thatched roofed buildings. Everyone is very smiley and on the way to the waterfalls every kid we passed would give us a big toothy grin and wave. Well abart from one group that smilled erupted into laughter and then threw flower buds at us, but that was sweet.

On arrival we found out we had to pay 20,000 kip to entre the waterfall site. Its a very beautiful waterfall and the pools below are all a nice turquoise colour. We made it to the middle Tier and swam to a cavern under the waterfall. Then we made the rather trecherous trip to the top. It was very muddy and incredibly slippery in sandles and a girl in another group ahead of us managed to get a leech. Unfortunatly we werent able to get to the top tier so we head back down to the bottom ones where there was a rope swing and a large tree to jump off. Had a good crack.

Later headed back got sorted and met the Norwegians for dinner just down the road. Again like at lunchtime I managed to order something in no way as appealing as anyone elses meals.

Later we headed down to (you guessed it) Hive bar. Apon arrival Venetia and Chressie had suddenly relised they were quite tiered and considering they had an early bus tomorrow, we said our goodbyes.

I managed to meet the really lovely Welsh Couple (cant remmember if I mentioned meeting them on the boat) that id first met in Agnes Water Australia - small world.

Left at closing time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0144s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb