Luang Prabang


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
February 15th 2007
Published: March 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

KingpinsKingpinsKingpins

The English/Irish/Canadian bowling team

Luang Prabang



Luang Prabang was a surprisingly nice place to visit. We were just supposed to use it as a base for visiting the elephant festival up the river and to pass the time until our 'gibbons experience' reservation. As soon as we arrived we found an awesome night market where we could buy all sorts of useful and neccessary handicrafts to send home. Again, all the bars closed at around 10pm- but this time there was a bowling alley! As if from nowhere, Luang Prabang has a real-live bowling alley just like the ones back home (with TVs and stuff), and even better; it serves Beer lao and stays open til 3am!!

There was also a sweet waterfall outside town which had a bear sanctuary and a tiger. very nice.

The route to the elephant festival and back, and then on to the gibbons experience is along the same stretch of the Mekong- we did 4 days (9 hours each) in one week. Pantalon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

ShitheadShithead
Shithead

A fantastic international card game.
Mr T Mr T
Mr T

He pities fools
BearBear
Bear

An Asiatic black bear. In the wild- on a climbing frame that he made himself.
TigerTiger
Tiger

Behind a fence she made herself in the wild. Not really- actually she was rescued from poachers when she was only a kitten.
Twisting by the poolTwisting by the pool
Twisting by the pool

Tropical waterfall pool.


Tot: 0.334s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 70; dbt: 0.2455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb