4000 Islands, Don Khon


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » South
March 10th 2014
Published: March 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We woke up early the next morning and headed to the waterfalls on Don Khon. It was around a 4km walk to get there, but we managed to arrive before it was too hot.

The waterfalls were really good! They were different from the ones we had been to before, it was much much bigger and flowed into more of a river with a very very strong current do you couldn't swim around the area at all. We walked around the area and came across a really cool cafe/ bar.

There were little bungalows, each with comfy cushions and hammocks overlooking the river. We stopped for a smoothie and ended up staying for a few hours as it was so hot (37 degrees at 3 in the afternoon!) it was really nice and relaxing!

We then carried on our walk and decided to follow signs to a beach, it was further than we expected but really nice! You couldn't swim here either because of the currents but this was where they did dolphin trips from. It was still so hot so we decided to go back and relaxed at the guesthouse for a couple hours before it got dark.

That evening we had dinner at the guesthouse which was really good! I had green papaya salad (not spicy) and matt had some nice plain non spicy noodles 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb