Don Khon, Cambodia border crossing, Kratie


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North
March 10th 2014
Published: March 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We woke up early to get a boat to the back to the mainland, from there we were getting a bus across the border to Cambodia and down to a town called kratie.

Everything takes it's time, so although crossing the border was really easy it took all morning. Once in the bus in Cambodia the roads were really bumpy so took time to get there and dusty which was unfortunate in a bus with a hole on one side of the floor so the bus was very dusty.

Anyway we got to Kratie late afternoon, we went to a guesthouse just a long the road and a long the river which was nice. We booked a dolphin trip for the next morning and our bus to the capital in the afternoon, then headed out to look around and have dinner. Kratie is quite a quiet town, it was pretty along the river. We had dinner at a Cambodian restaurant where we had our first traditional Cambodian dinner, I had fish Amok, which is fish and crab steamed in coconut milk with rice and Matt had chicken curry with rice which was a bit like a stew with big chunks of vegetables, both very nice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb