Vang Vieng


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » South
March 3rd 2014
Published: March 3rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

We arranged the day before to do like an activity day today. We got picked up in the morning then went in a tuk tuk to a cave where you go tubing in a cave (sit in these rubber ring things) and a guide takes you quite far into the cave 250m all following this rope then you come back the same way. It was really good! Everyone has a head torch, but without them you wouldn't be able to see anything.

Once out of the cave they put on a BBQ for the group before heading off to see another cave called elephant cave. It was a lot smaller, but the reason it was called elephant cave was because one of the rocks was in the shape of a big elephants head.

We then went on an 8km kayak down the river back to the town centre, stopping off for a drink on the way. The scenery was lovely and Matt got some good footage on his Go Pro.

When we arrived back we still had a few hours before it got dark so we decided to walk to another cave we had seen a sign for the day before, to go explore.

Our last evening in Vang Vieng, we were pretty tired from a busy day and had a busy day of travelling the next day so we went somewhere with really comfy seats and was showing our favourite tv series 'how I met your mother' so had dinner and a few drinks there. I had another traditional Lao dish, green papaya salad.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb