A nice surprise


Advertisement
Kyrgyzstan's flag
Asia » Kyrgyzstan » Bishkek
March 21st 2010
Published: March 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 32, July 27, 2009, Monday, Duishombu

A nice surprise this morning, Ernes, one of Emil's cousin's from Kysyl-kia, arrived with his father Dushen from the south. I met Ernes and his younger brother Nursultan last summer. Ernes has the best command of English of any of the relatives. His little brother also has really good skills in English. He is here to look into universities for the Fall. He would like to go to Manas University, he says. He and I talked about this and that, then he and his father and Gulnara talked about two Universities in Bishkek, with a call to Emil in the US to ask his opinion about where Ernes should be attending, Manas or Ala-Too University. I will try to stay out of it. I failed to ask what he wants to major or what his field of study would be. But we will have more time to talk later.

After the meeting with Gulnara he and his father went off for a little rest. They left Kysyl-kia at 5 pm in the evening and drove the Osh-Bishkek road through the night at 140 Kph, or about 85mph, according to Ernes. He could use a good nap, I am sure.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 14; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0878s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb