Fuji-Q Highland


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan
February 11th 2006
Published: February 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Fuji-Q HighlandFuji-Q HighlandFuji-Q Highland

Notice beautiful Mt Fuji in the background
Early Saturday morning, 8am to be exact, Alek and I were picked up by Takahumi. He is the father of a child in my class. It took 2 hours to get to the theme park, which is in the Yamanashi prefecture. The theme park is very close to the base of Mount Fuji and there was a lot of snow around the area. We were lucky that it was a clear day (but only about 5 degrees) making the view beautiful from the top of the roller coasters.

We paid one price (about $45), which got us a 'free' pass to allow us unlimited rides. Once you have your pass, you go over to the photo booths. They take a quick black and white photo of your face, which is printed onto your pass. Very cool! We hit the biggest roller coaster first - Fujiyama. It went for about 2 minutes and its highest point is 79 metres. It was the best, scariest roller coaster I have ever been on. Later when the line was not so long we went on it another 2 times!

We had to line up over an hour for the next roller coaster - Dodonpa - but it was worth it. In 1.8 seconds it goes from 0-172kph! We didn’t know what hit us, the cold air made my face freeze so bad! The rules for going on this ride are extremely strict, such as - you can’t go on if you feel tired, have consumed alcohol today or are over 54 years old. We had to take off any loose clothing or items - such as glasses, cameras, scarves, and even my earings!

The rest of the lines for the other rides were not so bad. All the rides we went on were great and I was lucky not to feel sick throughout the whole day! (Apart from my hands and legs shaking after my first time on the Fujiyama coaster!)

The day at Fuji-Q Highland has been one of my best days in Japan so far!



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Takahumi and AlekTakahumi and Alek
Takahumi and Alek

With their photo passes!
FujiyamaFujiyama
Fujiyama

The best roller coaster!
Dodonpa Roller CoasterDodonpa Roller Coaster
Dodonpa Roller Coaster

Mt Fuji in the background!
Red TowerRed Tower
Red Tower

Fantastic Thrill!
Pizza!Pizza!
Pizza!

This would have to be my second favourite after the Fujiyama coaster.
Panic ClockPanic Clock
Panic Clock

Another great ride, a bit like the ranger.


Tot: 0.236s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 118; dbt: 0.1247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb