Fuji City


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Mt Fuji
February 5th 2006
Published: March 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Sunday was supposed to be a day of shopping. We started at toys'r'us, then got side tracked. We saw there was a clear view of Mount Fuji and having no luck the day before, Belinda and I thought we could get some nice photos, so we kept on driving closer and closer to it to find a better view. Before we knew it we were at Fuji - the town! (and the view was not as good as we had hoped) It is only about an hour away. We found out there was a festival on so we tried to find it. An hour later, me being the driver and Belinda the navigator, we found it! We were so excited! It was quite a large street festival, with lots of food stalls, selling all sorts of things like corn on the cob, pikachu lollipops, chocolate covered bananas, toffee apples but with strawberries and grapes, and these weird dolls heads.

On the way home we got Maccas drive through. Where you ordered, was not face to face, just a speaker box. The poor girl had such a terrible time understanding us that she ran halfway around the outside of the store to our car, to tell us just to drive to the window and order. She gave us a picture menu which made life a lot easier for both of us. She was very polite and patient about it all. This just shows how much Japanese people will go out of their way to help you!





Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Mt Fuji again!Mt Fuji again!
Mt Fuji again!

Notice how all the cars reverse park!
Illegal ImmigrantIllegal Immigrant
Illegal Immigrant

Belinda and I thought it was a sugar glider from Australia! (but later found out it wasn't)
Japanese hardware store fashion!?Japanese hardware store fashion!?
Japanese hardware store fashion!?

Yes these two girls were shopping in a Bunnings type store wearing this, stilettos and all!
Driving towards FujiDriving towards Fuji
Driving towards Fuji

I think I'm obsessed!
Fuji town street festival!Fuji town street festival!
Fuji town street festival!

Choc covered bananas on a stick
Fuji town street festival!Fuji town street festival!
Fuji town street festival!

NOt sure what this was, but it looked good
Fuji town street festival!Fuji town street festival!
Fuji town street festival!

Strawberry toffee apples


Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0147s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb