I'm in Japan!


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan
January 30th 2008
Published: January 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

hey everyone! i arrived in japan last night. my flight actually arrived about 30 mins early, which was nice! and the kansai gaidai staff were waiting when we arrived, so i didn't have any problems. but then we had a 90 minute bus ride to the bus stop in hirakata, then we had to walk about 10 mins to get to the dorms. so i was pretty exhausted after all that! i just took a shower and went to sleep.

then this morning i was on campus cause we have a ton of orientation stuff to do. meetings, registration, more meetings...it's crazy! but i am loving it. i'll admit that i was a bit depressed when i got here last night...i was just really tired and this was so different than maryville. but today i've had so much fun going around campus, which by the way is a 20 min walk from my dorm! the walk actually isn't that bad. i enjoy looking at all the pretty houses and parks, so maybe i won't get a bike after all. we'll see...

well i have so much more to talk about! how nice the dorms are, how awesome the campus is, and how some things are just strange...like how we have to sort the garbage and how we aren't supposed to drink (anything) in public. i'm learning lots of interesting things about japanese culture...but i have to go to another meeting right now so i will get to all that later. and i hope to put some pictures up as soon as i get internet in my room later this week!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 14; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0826s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb