So much to do... so little time!


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
September 23rd 2006
Published: September 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Finally.... at long last.... an update!

Things have been very very busy around here. A couple of weeks ago, we took our cruise to Alaska with all our cruise buddies. What a fun time! For me, it was more fun seeing all our friends, (knowing we might not see some of them much in the months to come) more than the scenery. They are all so sweet and wonderful, they had a "Sayonara" party for us. It was wonderful, but so hard to be saying good-bye. From there we flew to Los Angeles to see Marc's Dad and Step-mom, his sister and brother-in-law and step-sister and brother-in-law. What a fun time we had! Just all being together and eating at some of LA's fabulous restaurants. Then in only too short a time, we had to say good-bye again! These good-byes just get more and more difficult!

Now we are back home and finally making moving plans. We have sold my car, but not Marc's. The house has not yet sold, so we've reduced the price. We are still hopeful we can get it at a price where we can get some offers. We've had numerous showings but no nibbles so far. We are starting to get rid of some stuff we don't want to take or store, like lawn care equipment, patio furniture, etc. We are so busy we literally do not have a single weekend free to have a garage sale. Thus, we are having "Arlene's virtual on line garage sale" for neighbors and colleagues. The stuff that isn't gone will be taken to goodwill or stored if we think we might ever use it again. Tomorrow we have to get down to the nitty gritty and plan what furniture we are taking. We need to measure some and make sure it will fit in the small size appartment we plan to have. I also need to figure out what kitchen items to take and what to store given we will have a much smaller kitchen. I have to go through the closests and sort through what clothes to take, and what to trash. UGH! the list just gets longer and longer.

I didn't get much done this past week as I was down with bronchitis all week. I put in a grand total of 7 hours at the office this week, and still didn't get any thing done at home! At least I am trying to get healthy which needs to be done too! Next week is my last week at work. I'm off monday for appointments then work tuesday and wednesday and then I am done, and can just concentrate on the move. Marc goes to DC again next week for what will be (after 7 years of nearly weekly travel) the final business trip to DC. , and I am coming up on friday to spend the weekend. We are having a dinner with all our east-coast and some flying in from the left coast friends... and while it will be fantastic to see everyone, it will end with more goodbyes, once again, and that part gets tougher, not easier! Then we fly home to Orlando together to end Marc's 7 years of working in DC.

We have started our Japanese lessons, and what a task that is going to be! So much to learn and yet it is fun doing it together. We have 3 hour lessons now every weekend, and beginning in October, three times a week. Opps, gotta go... off to a lesson now. More later

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 4; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb