Cherry Blossom @ Tokyo


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
June 10th 2014
Published: June 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

It is indeed a lifetime experience to witness the cherry blossom season in Japan, as it is one among the few countries worldwide to celebrate the onset of spring, with people gathering in large numbers at parks, temples and shrines to host flower-viewing parties. Earlier this April, I had been to Tokyo and was mesmerized by the panoramic view of the city with its tall glazy skyscrapers, still-standing waters, lush green trees and multi-storey buildings, all draped in a velvet carpet of white flowers, glorifying the beauty of mother nature at its deserving best.

East Gardens of the Imperial Palace and the Odaiba Seaside Park, in particular, are spectacular cherry blossom viewing spots amidst abundance of flora and intrepid colors. The Senso-ji shrine preceded by the shopping arcade on the Nakamise Street is another grand spectacle of cherry flowers with the sturdy Tokyo Skytree cutting through the middle. And, not to forget to mention about the rewarding experience of our seaside-lunch at Hotel Shiba-Yayoi Pastel-tei, not only for its great cuisine, but also for the sensational ambiance, offering breathtaking views of the Tokyo Bay and Sumida River laid over by white flowers in full bloom, from the 12th floor.

Though I’ve heard and read a lot about the cherry blossom season in other countries like South Korea, China, Amsterdam, USA and Vancouver, Japan is probably the only country to rejoice this festival in all its grandeur and aura. So if you’re looking for some extra-scenic vacation escapade in Asia, Tokyo is THE place to be, especially between the months of March and May.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1235s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb