Tokyo!


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
July 26th 2009
Published: July 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I'm going to condense a bit here, since Tokyo has been so facinating and most off our time is used on seeing as much as possible and then sleeping heavily afterwards.

Our first day we walked around Ginza, a huge shopping area, where department stores have glorious basements filled with all types of delicious foods. Think Harords of Londan and multiply that a few times.

Then on to the Imperial Gardens, where is was nice to see greenery for the first time in what felt like forever.

We met up with Kazu and went to Asaksa, where there is a nice temple as well as more of an old time feel of the Edo era. Some nice shopping for interesting souveniers.

After that, we went to Obidia and saw the giant Gundam! It was pretty impressive. I took a crazy amount of pictures. I didn't realize that the Gundam also had lights and a fog machine show. His head moved, but none of his other body parts did. I think to have him move more would have been really cool, but also crazy hard to do. He's 30 meters tall!

Kazu took us to a tofu place, where we ate Japanese style. We had all types of tofu and it was by far the best tofu we had ever had! It has many different consistnecies, my favorite being the really creamy kind. Truly sublime.

I'll fill in the next few days, but we're off to see a few last hours of the city before going off to Kyoto!

xoxo

Aura

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb