Total Tokyo Experience in 4 days Continued...


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
September 13th 2008
Published: October 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Trevor's amuzing response... 12 secs
More photos from Tokyo...


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Memorial for ChildrenMemorial for Children
Memorial for Children

My understanding is that these are a memorial for babies that have died. I have not been able to find out alot about these, but I thought it was quite amazing to see.
The Tokyo TowerThe Tokyo Tower
The Tokyo Tower

Its funny because Tokyo has the Statue of Liberty, a tower very similar to the Eiffel Tower, and a World Trade Center (it doesnt look anything like those in New York). It was quite amazing to see it at night. We went up to the observation deck which the view was amazing!
A Japanese Style ToiletA Japanese Style Toilet
A Japanese Style Toilet

Guess we got to get use to this style travelling in Asia =)
A nasty spiderA nasty spider
A nasty spider

In the evening we noticed you much watch where you put your hands because these guys would be "hanging out" everywhere.
The Streets in HarajukuThe Streets in Harajuku
The Streets in Harajuku

You could barely move walking down the streets. We saw some of the craziest outfits...ones that would pass for a "sex trade worker" in Calgary.
Traditional Japanese Wedding at the Meiji ShrineTraditional Japanese Wedding at the Meiji Shrine
Traditional Japanese Wedding at the Meiji Shrine

They had the most amazing outfits! We could not believe they could wear that many layers in 30 degree weather! We were sweating in our shorts and t-shirts!
Shibuya scramble crossingShibuya scramble crossing
Shibuya scramble crossing

This was insane! People crossing from all directions at the same time weaving through. It is definitely something we have never seen before! We went for prime viewing from the Starbucks to see it from above. (we will share the videos when we get back...had a hard time uploading it)
Our first ride on the bullet trainOur first ride on the bullet train
Our first ride on the bullet train

This was the best way to get around the country. It is too bad Canada doesnt have this type of transportation. Some of the trains travel at 350km/h (which was enough to make Erin motion sick). They had lots of leg room and space to move around, which made our 2 - 6hr trips go by quickly.


Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0803s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb