akihabara


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
March 6th 2007
Published: March 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After our walk through the Imperial Gardens, one of the oldest and most traditional sites in the city, we headed over to Akihabara which houses the city’s electric district. Every store we passed had bright neon signs exploded with appliances, computer accessories, cameras, stereos and anything else with a power source imaginable. At one store there was a floor dedicated to televisions, the largest of which was a 103 inch LCD screen, much larger then anything I have seen in the United States. Sitting in front of it I could see no reason for anyone to have a TV so large, as even HDTV displays aren’t clear enough to do it justice. Between stores we decided to eat, and stopped at what looked like a Japanese Denny’s chain, at appeared to be more like a Denny’s here then the actual Denny’s did. We all ate one of their Hamburg steaks and rice. The Hamburg steak was the same as a Salisbury steak, and were each cooked and served in tinfoil, which the server opened at the table for us. Even at these cheap chain restaurants service is important. After paying we walked around a few more stores, and headed back to the subway to go towards the Tokyo Tower.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 10; qc: 43; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb