Tokyo Drifting


Advertisement
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Yanaka
June 20th 2009
Published: July 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Tokyo I was excited about heading off to Tokyo, to see a futuristic metropolis, possibly a glimpse of what's to come. However, it also gave me the opportunity to ride the legendary Shinkansen bullet train for the first time. As expected it was comfortable, clean, on time and reasonably fast. There's so little noise and the fact its very smooth makes it hard to get a sense of how fast you're actua... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 89, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Kanda Myojin ShrineKanda Myojin Shrine
Kanda Myojin Shrine

The current structure was destroyed in the 1923 Great Kantō earthquake and rebuilt in 1934 with concrete, and thus survived the Tokyo firebombing of WWII.
Kanda Myojin ShrineKanda Myojin Shrine
Kanda Myojin Shrine

In the Edo period, the general Tokugawa paid high respect to this shrine, and later it proved to be the object of the general public.
Kanda Myojin ShrineKanda Myojin Shrine
Kanda Myojin Shrine

Kanda festival (Kanda matsuri) is one of the three major Shinto festivals in Tokyo, started in 1600 by Tokugawa Ieyasu to celebrate his decisive victory at the battle of Sekigahara.
Kanda Myojin ShrineKanda Myojin Shrine
Kanda Myojin Shrine

Kanda Shrine is popularly known as the hangout for Zenigata Heiji, a fictional policeman who thwarted criminals by throwing coins. Heiji's beat is Myōjin-shita, or "beneath the (Kanda) Myōjin shrine." Several monuments have been erected at the shrine in his honor.
Electric CityElectric City
Electric City

Akihabara is a major shopping area for electronic, computer, anime, and otaku goods, including new and used items. Akihabara gained some fame through being home to one of the first stores devoted to personal robots and robotics.



19th April 2010

tokyo drifting
came across your very informative documention and picturesque presentation of this trip, what an interesting report. We are planning on trip soon but after visualizing thru your presentation, almost feel like I have been there. I gather you were mostly in the city and not in the countryside. We are interested in travelling on the bullet train and seeing the countryside also. So, would you say that it was an expensive trip, moderately expensive or one could get by on a decent budget. I guess you were not into shopping either. I was interested in the Electric Town but acording to your report, stuff that you can get anywhere else but the price was my interest compared to the US price. Good job! enjoyable. Thanks a lot!

Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 26; qc: 111; dbt: 0.1266s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb