Day 1 - Journey to Tokyo


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Ueno
April 7th 2024
Published: April 8th 2024
Edit Blog Post

A couple of hiccups for the start of our journey to Japan. 13 Cabs claim on their web site that they can supply a child’s seat (for Oscar) on request. I had made an online booking with a fixed fee for $44 and made a note requesting a child’s seat, but thought to double-check by making an email enquiry. The reply asked me to call them. The operator said he’d have to cancel the online booking because it was only possible to get a child’s seat by phonr request. Also, there is no fixed fee and we’d just pay whatever was on the meter. We had to get picked up at 3:40am as we had a very early flight at 6am.

The people mover arrived in time, but no child seat. The driver said it isn’t required for children over 12 months in taxis. However that wasn’t the point was it? We wanted the seat for safety. We didn’t have a choice though, so proceeded, with the fare being higher than the original fixed fee quoted. Our first flight was to Cairns to connect to Japan. We didn’t realise that even though our end destination was international, the first leg was domestic, so we had to catch another cab from the International Terminal to the Domestic Terminal. A short trip, but nearly doubled our transport cost. Fortunately, we still had plenty of time and weren’t in too much of a panic. Lesson learnt.

Flight went smoothly and we had a three hour lay-over before boarding our flight to Tokyo. Smoothly through Immigration and customs, collecting bags and then collecting our pre-paid Keisei Skyliner fast train to Tokyo (from Skyliner Information Office rather than the Ticket Office which I tried first). Booked the 20:60 and after one change got to Candeo Hotel Ueno around 21:30.



We have two double rooms which are quite small but apparently standard for Tokyo, bathrooms are good and close to station so all good. All things considered with our early start we are all tired but not too bad. Little Oscar has been very good


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb