Shinjuku


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Shinjuku
June 8th 2009
Published: June 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well we got into our new place yesterday. It's much better than the first, and it's in a much better part of town! Asakusa was a more traditional residential neighborhood -- and nothing opened for business... ever.... ?? It didn't make any sense to either of us. So, we're now staying in Shinjuku, which is an awesome part of town!

We had wifi in our room for a couple hours, but after we went out yesterday and came back, it didn't work anymore. It hasn't worked since, so I'm on the computer provided by the hotel posting this. Hopefully we'll be able to find wifi somewhere in public to post pictures later today. We took it easy for the most part yesterday, mainly exploring the area. We were mainly exploring on our way to the park, but then we found out that all parks close at 4:30 here, so we're going back today. We had dinner at an izakaya which was pretty cool, then explored Kabukicho, an old entertainment district, and had a really good time. My Japanese is getting better and better as each day passes.

Today, we are going to go to Meiji Jingu, a shrine in the middle of Shinjuku. The contrast of the excessive energy of Tokyo and the peacefulness of the temple is supposed to be fascinating to see. We're also going to go around Harajuku for a while and then make it to the Tokyo Tower tonight. Anyway, while all of that is going on, hopefully we'll find wifi somewhere and post pictures. Stay tuned.

Walter

Advertisement



9th June 2009

Be careful with that street food!
Sounds like y'all are having a blast. Keep journaling and take more pictures please. Guess you will leave Tokyo soon, huh?

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb