The Karts


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Shibuya
December 25th 2017
Published: December 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

China to Japan


Today, our morning started at 8 A.M. where Kate's father drove us from Taishan to Guangzhou. After saying goodbye to the family, I told Kate that we will have to come back to her home if we can every year when we have the holiday break. After getting on the plane at 2:00PM, Kate and I arrived in Japan at 7PM. When we arrived at customs, it took us an hour to get through. By the time we met up with Ralph and our other friends, it was already 11 PM. After a late night we decided to call it an early night.

Today, Kate and I woke up and did a quick some quick shopping in the Shibuya market. Surpisingly, there were still people working on Christmas day. We met up with my friends and I had Kate try sushi the Japan way and she has told me she cannot eat sushi anymore in LA. See epic photo of sushi. Afterwards, we drove to our Mario Kart appointment. That's right, a freaking Mario Kart appointment.

I have uploaded plenty of photos and videos, but there should be a GoPro video any day now.

Zipping around Tokyo, we were hitting speeds of 40MPH on the bridges and streets. We have a team photo, I was Bowser and I came in second. We had some cheaters on the team...

Afterwards, we headed over Omotesando to walk around the Christmas area with the most expensive shops in the area. Afterwards, we headed over to a district Harajuku where its the more grungier alley-way shopping. We ended up doing Purikura. Purikura is where people (mostly women) go and take photos, but you're allowed to edit the photos immediately in booths. Sorta like a teenage girl photo booth experience, but more customization. Kate and Ralph's gf made the guys jump in. See photo for laughs.

Afterwards, we headed over to Ginja district for Christmas show and for a local dinner. That's all for today!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb