The Finale


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Osaka » Osaka
December 29th 2017
Published: December 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Tokyo to Osaka


The next morning, the group managed to sluggishly make it to the Tsukiji Market by 10AM. If there is a time you decide to eat sushi, THIS is the place to go to. Tuna is the king of the crop. Restaurant owners come in at 3AM to bid on the cuts of Tuna. We wanted to go to Sushi Dai (2 hour wait on the port), to eat. But we managed to settle for street food. (see photos) After the market, we headed over to the Asukusa district and headed over to the Kannon Temple. This is the OLDEST temple in Japan. Kate and I decided to dress in full Kimono attire to tour the temple. We visited the temple and said our prayers and then made it to the Tokyo Skytree. It is the tallest structure in Japan and it takes every ounce of my courage to go up there. I am deathly afraid of heights. The highest peak you can go up to via elevator is 450M, but we only went to 350M. Afterwards, we went to the Shinjuku area to eat. This place is known as the red light district of Tokyo. Seeing how it was pretty late, we decided to go home after eating at a local Shabu/Japanese BBQ place.

After sleeping for a few hours, we had to get to the Tokyo station to catch a bullet train to Osaka, the bullet train took about 3 hours to get to Osaka. Upon arriving in Osaka, we went to the Dotonbori area (shopping and nightlife) to shop and eat. I found the best ramen place in Osaka, called Kinryu Ramen. I managed to also eat Wagyu and Kobe Beef.

For my final day, we went to the Kuromon Market where I had the Blow fish sashimi. Poisonous in large amounts, I only had a few pieces. This port offered various other types of seafood that I couldn't find at Tsukiji. I managed to also find jumbo size shrimp. Afterwards, we headed to Osaka Castle. This is a very cool castle with not one, but two moats! We visited a nearby shrine, had the number 1 rated Udon place and then went back to Dotonbori for shopping and final street food.

Right now, after taking a bullet train via 3 hours back to Tokyo from Osaka, Kate and I are looking to come back home. So with that said, Japan, you were awesome. Till then!


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb