Day 01: Konichiwa Japan - Our Journey begins @ Tokyo Narita (Jul 2018)


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Ryogoku
July 8th 2018
Published: July 29th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Sunday, 8th July 2018

We took an overnight flight from Singapore to Narita International Airport via the Boeing 787 Dreamliner. During the flight, we were happy to be "upgraded" to the extra leg room seats for free. As usual, Singapore Airlines impressed us with their quality in-flight service and we were well taken care of even though we were seated within the Cattle Class.

By Sunday morning, we had landed safely to welcome our 10-day vacation in Japan.

Sorting out our pre-booked tickets at both the JR and Keisei Rail Offices at the Airport took a while as there was a fair bit of crowd ahead of us. Everyone was making use of the various value-for-money Railway Passes to embark on their land journeys in Japan.

The journey from the the airport to our hotel at Kinshicho took almost an hour. After depositing our luggage at the reception, we happily headed for some yummy Japanese pasta lunch and salad before stopping for a brief visit at the Tokyo Skytree Town. The mall was filled with eager Sunday crowds and some of the shop assistants were "screeching" at the top of their voices to boost sales.

Moving across the Sumida River, we headed for a round of temple-hopping at Asakusa District which afforded great views of the Tokyo Skytree from the Visitor's Centre. By 4.30pm, satisfied with what we had seen so far, we headed back to the hotel to freshen up before heading out for dinner.

Dinner was a simple Unagi affair at a nearby restaurant and we opted to head back to our room soon after our meals. We had another day of travelling to Hakodate ahead of us and it was fortunate that we had our comfortable beds for company before our rail journey to Northern Japan began!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.423s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.3384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb