Recovering in Daiba


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Minato
March 31st 2023
Published: March 31st 2023
Edit Blog Post

Blog 3_Japan_2023



March 23 Weather – heavy fog blotted out our view of the harbour most of the day – intermittent rain throughout the day. – Temperature 15°C



We slept well but our body clocks haven’t caught up with reality and got us up at 5:00 am though we did have a nap later in the day. The weather forecast predicted rain and it certainly lived up to that. After breakfast we went out for a walk around the hotel precinct which is situated near several large parks, museums, and local attractions. Part of the area was used for some of the 2020 Olympics.



The rain was light at first but after an hour it was strong enough to soak us through, so we had to return to the hotel to dry off. After lunch the rain let up enough for a longer exploration of the area but again the rain returned with a vengeance, and we retreated to the comfort of our hotel room.



Took some time in the afternoon to connect with the limo company that provided our transport from the airport to see if we could book their services to take us to the cruise port. Involved a lot of emails back and forth.



Tonight, we spent some more frustrating time filling in another online registration form required by our Cruise Company, this time to prove to them that: 1/ we are not COVID-19 carriers; 2/ that we have all our appropriate shots; 3/ and in two days’ time will upload the results of self-administered COVID tests. Oh what fun!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0696s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb