And hererererere we go......


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Asakusa
March 17th 2009
Published: March 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Off we pop.....



Flights are like Christmas... the build up is magic and then once the excitement of unwrapping (take off) is over then it becomes well a bit of a chore. In fact the trip we decided on the wonder of Xmas comes twice with a trip to your least favourite uncle chucked in for good measure.
Terminal 5... the pinnacle of our aviation waiting rooms can be described as a next generation (popular phrase these days) greenhouse with terrible coffee stalls, more Harrods than Princess Diana's inquest (3 I think we counted) and lo and behold a Gordon 'F**king' Ramsey restaurant. It kind of left me wondering is there nothing that the UK's favourite Jock won't pimp himself out for?? The name of this 'Venture' is Plane Food (that's a play on words geddit?!?!) and to not being overly critical but at these prices the plane best be a bloody Concorde (basically superb design, half French and ultimately on fire..)
Anyhow I digress and as it's my blog, or clog as its a bit wooden, tough 😊

Flights ultimately are just that... getting from A-B and sometimes back again (not for us we're getting a boat and finding us some buried treasure) and once the wrapping has been taken off they are just long and uncomfortable. Ah well at least the entertainment is a step up from what our American cousins get, the on demand video is pretty extensive and even audio on demand (mainly crap but a Foo Fighters CD and only the first half of Mellin Collie and the Infinite Sadness for some reason) which although tempting to give up the iPod for didn't sway me much, however I do have to report the Beef Lasagne had seen better days - in fact it made me wonder which sorry cow this meal had come from and did she have more room than me.... Mainly due to the fact this full to the rafters (heh an Amish Barn Airways would amuse me somewhat) was about 80%!J(MISSING)apanese, conversation was hard to come by (unless the phrases “Which way is the Train Station” and “I don't speak Japanese” can get more mileage than I thought) so we got talking to an Irish girl called Bridget (really called Hillary - she probably didn't appreciate this too much) who was just staying over in Tokyo for 4 days until she went to Oz and she was adamant that she was going to get a Guinness as we were landing on St. Paddys day. I can only imagine what that was going to cost and indeed taste like (Editors note : about £8....). Never the less I bet she has a great time, as will we, as I assume once 6pm hits us we shall be imitating the best fly catchers in town (Yes we did - Ed) and getting sorted out for Wednesday and our first brush with this massive city. Hopefully Tokyo will live up to it's reputation as vibrant and busy. We can only hope.

Till next time Gadget....
From Narita

Jay and Amber

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0185s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb