The Koala Class


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Shizuoka
June 7th 2006
Published: June 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The Koala ClassThe Koala ClassThe Koala Class

This took some time to arrange!
Picnic

Normally it would take me 15 minutes to walk to the park…but with 19 kids on a lead, it took 45 minutes! Tonami cried most of the way; don’t really blame her, being attached to the rope like a prisoner! The park was great, cool equipment and lost of space for the children to run wild and out of our sight - a little stressful, but no one was lost! Lunch time was fun…Rena spewed everywhere, so Mrs Nagata had to come and pick her up and also a boy who had diarrhea! It is not uncommon for the children to throw up at lunch time, happens bout twice a week! Mainly because they do not want to eat their food so they force themselves to be sick! Kind of clever but disgusting!!!


Playground

The playground is just across the river from the kindy. We go here most days before lunchtime. There is not much equipment and a black gravel sandpit, but the kids love it!



Time is going really fast again - everything seemed to happen so slowly after I returned back from Adelaide. The next 3 months are very busy but it is all so exciting - I can't wait! So you can keep up with me...

June 9-11 - Tokyo
June 12 - Australia v Japan World Cup (watching it with probably every Aussie in Shizuoka at 'Our Boozer')

July 3 - Peter Arrives in Tokyo
July 8-9 - Climbing Mt Fuji! (wish us luck!)
July 15-17 - Kyoto with Peter, Amy and her parents for the Gion Festival
July 20 - Peter leaves Japan
July 29 - Fireworks in Shizuoka

August 5 - Begin 2 weeks holidays
August 7 - Tokyo Disneyland
August 8-12 - Hokkaido with Amy (there will be a huge summer beer festival in Sapporo!)
August 13 - Mum and dad arrive for 1 week in Shizuoka and Kyoto!!
August 21 - Back to Kindy



Reminders so I don't make the same mistakes twice:

*Take shoes off before entering change rooms
*In Japanese restaurants, don't wear the toilet slippers to your table!
*Pay for parking at Segan Shrine (but due to the severe language barrier, we were let through for free!)
*Don't leave the house without the phrasebook
*Don't ever eat chicken cartilage!!! (ohh that rubbery yet crunchy texture
TonamiTonamiTonami

My little monkey - she will just cling whenever she gets the chance!
still gives me shivers! - I wouldn't have eaten it in the first place if I knew what it was!)




Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

YusukeYusuke
Yusuke

He loves giving me cuddles but is a bit cheeky! (Yusuke pronounced Yous-keh)
Aoi & RyoAoi & Ryo
Aoi & Ryo

The shortest names but the most difficult to pronounce!
Yuki is so cute! (at the front)Yuki is so cute! (at the front)
Yuki is so cute! (at the front)

He is the youngest - just turned 3!
The great parkThe great park
The great park

I'm actually surprised no one tried to run away!
Lunchtime!Lunchtime!
Lunchtime!

It was funny how all the kids knew to take their shoes off before sitting on the mats!
My prisoners - haha!My prisoners - haha!
My prisoners - haha!

We use this rope to walk to the park and playground. Tonami doesn't like it so much!
Yusuke and Sara at the Kindy playgroundYusuke and Sara at the Kindy playground
Yusuke and Sara at the Kindy playground

Preparing for the World Cup!
RunoRuno
Runo

She is beautiful
Yusuke and IYusuke and I
Yusuke and I

Sara tried to take our photo but twice she cut our heads off - so I took it myself
You know you're in Japan when..You know you're in Japan when..
You know you're in Japan when..

3 year olds can use twigs as chopsticks!!!
Don't they look tough!Don't they look tough!
Don't they look tough!

Ryo, Kaito & Tetsushi


6th August 2006

ohmygoodness
they are the sweetest kids ive ever seen!

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb