a shortcut is the longest distance between 2 points


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Shizuoka » Mt Fuji
May 31st 2008
Published: May 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Been raining on/off all day, that kind of light rain that soaks. Cant see anything of Mt Fuji, last time I momentarily saw it was on a bullet train coming here at 200+ KPH, selected action mode on the camera, pushed the continuous rapid photo button & off it went. Managed 1 reasonable photo. We purchased a Hakone 2 day pass for transport, much cheaper than individual tickets. First port of call was the Glass Forest Museum. Its French, what a grand building. It has a wonderful inner green garden It takes U back to Venice & has innovative glass deigns. The grounds have glass trees with lights, what a sight. Later I heard a smash in the souvenir shop, turned around & a Japanese lady knocked over an item. Time to go I thought.
Next was the Hakone Botanical Gardens. it was established in 1976 - it was formally a rice paddy & is now a specially designed ecosystem consisting of man made hills with rockeries, streams, ponds & moors.
We then went to Samurai Art Museum, it was quite small and of marginal interest. Checked out the cable car, followed the mist up the mountain & rejoiced at the sight of rhododendrons.
Around 5 pm we decided to return to our accommodation, thats when we felt confident about the transport system & decided to be brave & take the ubiquitous short cut. WRONG, such a beast doesn't exist We arrived home near dark, transversed the great Southern Ocean & made it home.
Now time 4 that nasty bottle of red I bought,

Advertisement



31st May 2008

minor corrections
The Glass Forest Museum was Italian, not French, And, Inge didn't taste the wine before the above composition. Darren, where is your comment for today?

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb