Japan Trip: Day 4 - Mt. Fuji and Hakone


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Shizuoka » Mt Fuji
May 16th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Mt. FujiMt. FujiMt. Fuji

The quintessential Japanese landmark, Mt. Fuji, elevation 3776m/12,388ft.
Today, we left Tokyo and drove out to Mt. Fuji.

The first stop was a rest area near the base of the mountain, offering a good view of the mountain. The bus then drove us up the mountain to a point about halfway up, at an elevation around 7,000 ft.

We then went to Lake Yamanaka, and had lunch there. I found some beef curry and rice again, which was becoming my favorite and most consumed dish in Japan.

Then, we went to Lake Ashi. We took a gondola from Lake Ashi (elevation around 2,000 ft) up to Mt. Komagatake, elevation 1,327m/4,353ft. Unfortunately, the weather took a turn for the worse, with windy and cloudy conditions developing, obscuring what was supposed to have been a magnificent view of Mt. Fuji to the right, and the Pacific to the left. Oh, well. Back down for a short boat trip across Lake Ashi, then off to the hotel at Hakonemachi.

Once in the room, I turned on the TV for the first time in Japan, and checked out some Sumo wrestling, and a game show that looked funny, but I couldn't understand a word of what was being said. I walked around the quiet little town, then went to bed.

Check out "The Natural Japan" video below!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Another view of  Mt. FujiAnother view of  Mt. Fuji
Another view of Mt. Fuji

Taken from the bus after we descended the mountain and were driving to Lake Yamanaka.


Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb