A day & a night in Osaka


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Osaka
September 14th 2007
Published: September 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So after geisha’s and gardens we head to Osaka which was almost flattened by bombs in WWII, but also famous for briefly being the first capital of Japan. We head off to Osaka Castle which is known to be one of the most beautiful buildings in Japan.100,000 workers spent 3 years building this impregnable castle, you have to be a pretty insecure man to hide behind such a fortress. I really do love the shape of the castle and in cherry blossom season it must be stunning.

Al interrupting: We managed to land ourselves in a really new and modern hostel which was a welcome change after Uno House, we were quite happy but Mr McCourt was not so after he was told that they lock the gates at 11pm. Again this suited us as we were keen for an early night (anyone who tells you that travelling is a walk in the park and relaxing is not giving you the full story) but Kevin on the other hand was keen to show Osaka who the boss was!! After dinner we headed back to the hotel and Kevin decided that it was too early for him to go home (9:45pm on a Friday night) that he decided to go fishing for a late night bite…Not sure of the outcome as we have not had a chance to catch up yet…

Yes, so back to Osaka as we did not spend that much time in the city there isnt much more to report from us, the people are supposidly more outgoing, but just from a quick glimpse it seems similar to Tokyo, just not as massive.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb