MOS Burger


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Okinawa
January 1st 2010
Published: January 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

James at MOS BurgerJames at MOS BurgerJames at MOS Burger

What a great smile!

MOS Burger



James and I decided to sample MOS Burger on Friday and Saturday this week. Neither us had ever been to a restaurant like this before so we weren't really sure what to expect. Wow...these burgers were simple yet extremely tasty! Additionally, the servings weren't "biggie sized" so neither of us left the restaurant feeling like a total fatty. haha! Presentation points were high...the burgers were brought out individually wrapped, french fries are served on a plate, and soda was brought to us in actual glasses. This is a really upscale "fast food" restaurant. McDonald's doesn't even come close...

On Friday I sampled the Veggie Burger with small french fries and James had a Teriyaki Burger and Veggie Burger. The Veggie Burger has lettuce, tomato, a beef patty, and thousand island dressing on it. The french fries were very crisp and light. I gobbled my food down and enjoyed every bite. The Teriyaki Burger has lettuce and a teriyaki flavored beef patty on it. James said it wasn't as good as the Veggie Burger, but it was still enjoyable.

On Saturday we were headed to the Kadena Auto Hobby Shop and needed to grab some lunch. This time I had a Veggie Burger and Classic MOS Burger. I still don't know what the orange-ish dressing on the burger was, but it tasted pretty good. James had a Veggie Burger and Shrimp Burger. I had a small bite of the shrimp burger and it was extremely tasty. I'll have to get one of these if I ever go back.

I have a feeling MOS Burger might become a regular stop during weekends when I'm on the run around the island.

Here's some info I got off of Wikipedia about MOS Burger:

MOS Burger (モスバーガー, Mosu bāgā), from the initial letters of "Mountain Ocean Sun", is a fast-food restaurant chain (fast-casual) that originated in Japan. It is now the second-largest fast-food franchise in Japan after McDonald's, and owns numerous overseas outlets over East Asia, including Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand, Indonesia, and until 2005, Hawaii. It is also the name of the standard hamburger offered by the restaurant, being its first product when the restaurant was founded in 1972. The publicly-traded company also runs 80^C stores, MOS's-C, Mother Leaf, Shanghalichiba, Mamedori, and Stefan Grill outlets. The company had 1327 stores in 2005, down from 1458 in 2001. One slogan used within its stores is "Japanese Fine Burger and Coffee".
MOS Rice Burger
The MOS Rice Burger uses a bun made of rice mixed with barley and millet. Rice was first used as a bun in 1987, when the restaurant served the Tsukune Rice Burger, filled with ground chicken and daikon, and seasoned with soy sauce. The Tsukune Rice Burger is no longer on the menu in Japan. The MOS Rice Burgers currently on the menu are: the 'kaisen kakiage rice burger' (fresh seafood shrimp fritter rice burger), the 'kinpira rice burger' (fried burdock and carrot rice burger), and the 'buta shōga yaki rice burger' (grilled pork and ginger rice burger). There also used to be a 'yakiniku rice burger' (grilled strips of beef rice burger) (available in Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan branches). The MOS Rice Burger has been imitated by the Taiwanese division of McDonalds, but it remains a MOS-exclusive item in Japan and other markets.
Takumi Burger
In 2005, MOS Burger introduced the ultra-premium Takumi Burger (meaning artisan taste), a 10-level burger, featuring slices of avocado, Tasmanian beef, grated wasabi, and other rare seasonal ingredients. This burger costs 1,000 yen (7.47 Euros or 10.52 USD), making it one of the most expensive burgers in a fast-food chain. In Japanese, "MOS" is pronounced .

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 13; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb