Scuba Diving - Onna ToiletBowl


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Okinawa
May 8th 2009
Published: May 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sea TurtleSea TurtleSea Turtle

Nessled into the rocks

Scuba Diving - Onna ToiletBowl



When Edwin and I got to the waterfront, two scuba divers were coming back up saying that they thought the water looked too rough. We humored them and then went and put our gear on and jumped into the water (haha!). It really wasn't bad at all...as long as you know the little crevice/ledge to come out of at the end of the dive. If you don't know this special exit point, getting out can be miserable. Been there, done that...no fun. We offered to show the guys were to get out but they said they were going to try out Horseshoe Point instead.

The visibility in the water was around 55-60ft making it pretty good overall. Edwin took the lead on this dive while I hung out in the back. After turning around we came directly upon a sea turtle nestled into the coral. Edwin nearly swam right past it until I used my tank-banger to get his attention to point it out. It was really well camouflaged and perfectly still. Once it realized that we knew it was there, it pushed off the rocks and started to slowly swim away. Apparently it's Edwin goal to touch a sea turtle so he began to casually and calmly swim over to it. Right as he started to move his hand toward the sea turtle it took off. Wow! Whoever says turtles are slow is completely wrong! They move really fast in the water. Anyways, Edwin missed touching it by only an inch or so. Better luck next time my friend!

There were also mimic filefish and anemonefish which I snapped photos of while here.

More photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/kdupak/08May2009OnnaToiletBowl?feat=directlink


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0275s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb