Matsumoto Castle


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Nagano » Matsumoto
June 14th 2015
Published: June 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

So we decide that we are going on a day trip to Matsumoto Castle off on the train we get and arrive in Matsumoto. Quickly we find our way to the castle. Matsumoto Castle is one of the oldest five story tenshu in Japan. It was amazing going around the castle and climbing the stairs to each of the floors. I am not a very tall person and the Japanese are smaller than me so why do they build staircases with stairs so far away from each other I have no idea - there must be a reason but it beats me!

The gardens were also amazing with so many fabulous flowers and plants. As I was looking out the window of the castle there was a Geisha girl walking and the vision looked so Japanese I could not but take a photo of the scene.

So once we had a walk around Matsumoto and got some lunch we decided to go back to Nagona and plan our trip to Kyoto and get the seats booked for our trains. The Japan Rail pass have been invaluable but we have learnt that you should try to book a seat if possible as some trains get very busy and some trains you can only use if you have booked a seat.

We get back to Nagano and decide to go out for something to eat. This time we find this little place behind dark doors and have no idea what they serve but were told by a lady outside that they serve chicken.

So we order a couple of skewers of chicken and then the man tells us what part of the chicken each skewer contained sometimes when someone tells you it is a part diaphragm you think do you know what I wish I had not been told that!

So an early night as we are off to Kanazawa early in the morning. I hope we can try and work out the air-conditioning tonight as it is really hot here around 85 degrees.

Let you know how we get on at Kanazawa in the next blog.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.273s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb