Fuji


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Mt Fuji
October 15th 2008
Published: February 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Kyoto - Fuji

You Change from the Shinkansen at Fuji and then take the bus the rest of the way to your chosen town or village of destination.

After two days in Kyoto we jumped back on the shinkansen and headed three hour east towards Mt Fuji. The train once again was amazingly smooth, it is now my favourite way to travel, the journey consisted of train and then bus to get up into the hills of the Fuji district. There are tourist information offices in most of the towns and they are all very helpful.

The bus eventually dropped us off after dark at the station of Yamanaka village and we had to get a cab to the local hostel. Unfortunately the hostel was fully booked and we had no reservation so we had to take another cab down to the lake and stay in a expensive hotel (about £80 each for a night), but the hotel was excellent and gave us a western style room with our own robes (Kimono) and we had free use of there natural spring baths (Onsen) which was most certainly an experience. Do be warned that etiquette is a massive thing when in an Onsen so be sure to read up before you go.

We woke up the next morning to a mist morning so the view of Mt Fuji
KimonoKimonoKimono

After putting on our Kimono's we decided to try some rubbish 70's film style Karate.
was blocked but the views from the top of the hotel were amazing still and set in a very picturesque place. I found the area of Fuji to be truly inspiring and would certainly go back again and enjoy to views.

The village of Yamanake is based mainly on two things, tourism and Fishing. They offer great tours where you can fly the area by sea plane or take the cable car up to the mountain and see some spectacular views. I would certainly recommend to anyone going that you should spend a couple of days there and truly soak in the Japanese country lifestyle which really does relax and give you a good perspective on another part of Japanese society.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb