Strawberry Picking with our friends


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Chiba
April 27th 2006
Published: June 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello everybody!

On this day, we were invited to go strawberry-picking with some of our friends. The other people in the pictures are Elizabeth (a fellow Ariel), Missy (a friend that works behind the scenes for "Under the Sea"), and Daisuke (plays Flounder in the show!) Missy, who put the whole trip together, actually referred to the trip as "Strawberry-Hunting," which we thought was REALLY cute!

After hopping into the rental car we had for the day, we drove about an hour and a half to the popular strawberry-picking grounds in Japan known as Naruto. Here, we each paid 1,000 JPY (or about $10.00) to eat ALL-YOU-CAN for a half hour. We went to town! The strawberries here were divided by row into two different types, and were absolutely the most tastiest strawberries we both had ever had. Some were so sweet, they actually tasted alcoholic! After our half hour of pigging-out was over, some of us grabbed these huge boxes and filled them with delicious strawberries to take home. Each box was only about 600 JPY, or $6.00 U.S... What a deal!

After we finished picking strawberries, the lady who was running the farm showed us another one of her prized possessions...POPPIES! She had tons of them, all bright and beautiful colors: pink, orange, yellow and white. She also told us that we could all pick 5 poppies and take them home with us. After we picked the ones we wanted, she made neat little bouquets for us. While we were waiting for all the bouquets to be made, we all sat around in a tent and played around. Larry went to sit down and rest for a bit, but when the chair cracked and broke underneath him, he decided that he would just stand instead. Afterwards, we grabbed some lunch in a little diner-like restaurant and headed home.

Once back in Tokyo and after dropping Elizabeth off, the 4 of us decided to go bowling. Larry and I had not been since we have lived in Japan and we were really curious to see if the game were any different here. Good news: It's exactly the same game as it is at home; Bad news: We lost! Either way, we still had had a lot of fun, and headed home after our long day to have a sushi dinner.

Love,
Larry & Melanie

JAPANESE FOR THE DAY: "Oshi!" - ("Delicious!")


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



3rd June 2006

way to represent!
Good to see Larry representin' Dee-troit. Not only with the shirt, but also by breaking their chair and hence making the place a little more ghetto :)
3rd June 2006

laughed out loud re: the chair..."strawberry-hunting" IS adorable...

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb