Nagoya


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Aichi » Nagoya
April 21st 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

http://www.travelblog.org/Asia/Japan/nagoya/Sakae/blog-152829.html のキャッシュです。
Nagoya is a castle city and the 4th biggest after Tokyo, Yokohamma and Osaka. It is the centre of Japan.
My university is about 30mins by train. It is a big city, 2.2 millipn people almost. Doesnt seem to look overcrowded compared to Sydney, but definetly compared to Pocatky.
There are so many shops, big departments stores, resturants , bars and pachinko outlets.
Pachinko is a gambling house, mostly frequented by Japanese men, they play the machines for hours winning, loosing, smoking cigarette after cigarette. Its very colourful and noisy inside. They gather sivler balls which are money tokens to play with. I didnt play it, wouldnt know how to be honest, I think I prefer the good old pokies at the Newtown RSL.
There are vending machines everywhere here, everywhere and anywhere, places you would least expect to be one. Usually in Oz or Europe, they are outside a pertol station, supermarket or train station, here they are down suburban streets, alley ways with no lighting, except the lighting of the vending machine and outside postoffices, buildings and ...well, just everywhere. They sell coffee, cocoa, all drinks, cigarettes, snacks, magazines, newspapers, hot food, egg and so on. Very convenient.
The trains
Train guard
here are immaculate, they run on time and if they are delayed, it is announced and on express fare trains, like the bullet train, you even get a refund on your ticket if there is a delay. The service is fantatsic, phenominal actually. Japanese customer sevrvice is the best in the world. The entire service industry prides itself on genuine service with a smile, customer is always right approach (which doesnt seem to be abused) and neatly pressed uniforms. They look clean, professional and capable. Australia is way behind the 8 ball, slack service, filthy trains, rude personnel and poorly operated. Europe is an improvement, but Japan is outstanding, I hope things dont change here.
The train drivers are so thorough, concerned with time and the precision of all operations to ensure there are no hiccups. They do their job very well, what can I say its a pleasure to ride the rail here.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Sakura BBQSakura BBQ
Sakura BBQ

Rumy and me.
MangaManga
Manga

Comic book store, music, Video and DVD. Manga is Japanese animation, a huge industry and very popular worldwide.
JidouhanbaikiJidouhanbaiki
Jidouhanbaiki

Vending machine
CurrencyCurrency
Currency

Coins and a train ticket
MangaManga
Manga

children, university students, business men and grandmothers all enjoy manga.


Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb