Indonesian Honeymoon


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia
January 9th 2012
Published: January 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Ok, so this is going to be a short blog. I am just not motivated to detail all of the adventures Jessica and I had in Indonesia. To be honest, there weren't alot of really amazing adventures, just a really great vacation and Honeymoon.



Oh first, the link to the pictures on Flickr.
Indonesia Pictures

So the flight over to Indonesia was on Eva Air, and we got to fly in 747s. First time either of us have flown in a 747. On our flight to Kuala Lumpur we were actually in the nose of the plane and that was pretty cool.

The first part of the trip was to head to Gunung Leusur National Park (Ketambe) to go trekking for Orangutans. We saw Orangutans, Gibbons (finally saw a Gibbon), flying squirrels, leeches (lots of leeches), plastic tarps, rain, waterfalls, flash floods, and hot springs. Don't worry, the flash flood wasn't dangerous, though Jessica almost lost her shoes. They were saved by our guide.

We then headed to Bali, for beaches, Rice Terraces, Diving, and Temples. We managed to succeed nicely on all of the above.

We dove in Nusa Lembongan and saw Manta Rays, Mola Mola, Giant Trevally, and were chased by a crazy Trigger fish. In Tulamben we dove the wreck of the Liberty. It was good that we stayed in Tulamben, because we could dive early and late. Just before and after lunch there seem to be at least 50 divers and probably more snorkellers out around the wreck.

We went to Tirtagangga to see the water palace and rice terraces. I also made Jessica go see Pura Lempuyang. This temple requires 1700 steps to get to. What they don't tell you is that it requires a 2.5km hike from the road junction up a pretty steep hill to get to the start of the steps. We should have hired a car.

There were more temples and rice terraces and rainy afternoons and Ubud. Ubud was great for food and seeing dances. It has grown up from the sleepy laid back town it used to be though, I think. There were traffic jams every day and more tourists than locals. Oh well, the cooking class was good.



Oh yeah, and we saw Michael Franti for New Years. So all and all a pretty good trip.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.366s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 77; dbt: 0.218s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb