No More Sweatshops


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Sumbawa
May 1st 2014
Published: May 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Sweatshops have been the topic that many people have been talking about. This does not mean that it is a positive topic because it is a topic that needs to be fixed. The workers that work in sweatshops are not being given the rights and freedoms they deserve. They are working at a wage of $1.00 a day. Some of the workers starve themselves in order to save money so that their families can eat. Sweatshops consist of poor working conditions, unfair wages, unreasonable hours, child labor, and a lack of benefits for workers. One company that uses sweatshops is Nike. Their workers are not being paid enough, and they are becoming sick because of the horrible working conditions they have to endure while working. A sweatshop is hot, chaotic, and very dirty. These people working there are being paid $1.25 a day to make shoes, and Nike sells these shoes for about $60-$100 or more. This is not fair, and that is why Nike should only make their shoes in the US where their offices are nicely organized. If that doesn't happen, Nike should give their workers more rights and keep their organizations where they make the Nike products. Nike should give their workers the materials needed in order to work safely, provide them with more room, and higher wages for the workers in Indonesia and that can be a responsible way to create Nike products without having to use cheap labor.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb